Baker Report Slams Israel
With a saddened heart I have to comment on the Baker report.
Breitbart.com is reporting some alarming news they claim is buried deep in the 160 page Iraq Study Group Report:
I cannot verify how close to the truth this story really is, but, if it means what I think it means and is a truthful story as reported by Breitbart.com, this may be a very grave development that does not deserve a pass.
Quoted from the Breitbart news story:
"A reference to Palestinians' "right of return" in the report issued by the high-level Iraq Study Group broke a diplomatic taboo which sparked immediate concern in Israel and surprise among Middle East policy experts.
The reference was buried deep inside a 160-page report that urged US President George W. Bush to renew efforts to revive Israel-Palestinian peace talks as part of a region-wide bid to end the chaos in Iraq.
"This report is worrisome for Israel particularly because, for the first time, it mentions the question of the 'right of return' for the Palestinian refugees of 1948," said a senior Israeli official, who was reacting to the US policy report on condition he not be identified. A Middle East analyst who was involved in the Iraq Study Group discussions but did not participate in drafting the report expressed surprise when the reference was pointed out to him by a reporter....Source: Baker panel's mention of Palestinian "right of return" raises eyebrows"
Here is the Iraq Study Group Report Text found on pages 57 and 58:
RECOMMENDATION 16: In exchange for these actions andin the context of a full and secure peace agreement, the Israelis should return the Golan Heights, with a U.S. security guarantee for Israel that could include an international force on the border, including U.S. troops if requested by both parties.
RECOMMENDATION 17: Concerning the Palestinian issue, elements of that negotiated peace should include:
• Adherence to UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338 and to the principle of land for peace, which are the only bases for achieving peace.
• Strong support for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian Authority to take the lead in preparing the way for negotiations with Israel.
• A major effort to move from the current hostilities by consolidating the cease-fire reached between the Palestinians and the Israelis in November 2006.
• Support for a Palestinian national unity government.
The Way Forward—A New Approach
• Sustainable negotiations leading to a final peace settlement along the lines of President Bush’s two-state solution, which would address the key final status issues of borders, settlements, Jerusalem, the right of return, and the end of conflict. ISG Report
Read and weep. The enemies of Israel are partying tonight. It may come to pass that the world as we knew it, will end by the leftist and stalist agenda.
Yesterday before this damn report was released, I had some concerns that this report was a sham job. We are going to have to study every word. Mr. Baker and his commission deserves a very close look.
We all bettere watch out what we wish for. The hidden agenda of the left is coming closer to a climax.