Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Free Jack Idema Blogburst 9/13/2006

One of the things worth stressing about the case of Jack Idema and Brent Bennett, the two US Special Forces soldiers held illegally in Afghanistan, is the reason they wound up in the country to begin with. Here's Jack speaking on this subject:
9/11 happens, I’m in Los Angeles. They called at 5:00 in the morning said turn the tv on. I thought it was a prank call. I hung up on the guy. He calls me back a minute later–he says, Jack I’m telling you please turn on the t.v. I turn on the tv, I see the second plane hit. That was it for me. I was like, ok, I can’t believe this is happening. I’m from New York. What do you expect a New Yorker to do? I got pretty pissed off. [Read the whole story.]
Technorati tags: , and Technorati Search for Jack Idema.

Category: (Military) POW's.