Prophet offenders must be killed - bin Laden
A trip down memory lane to put radial Islam into prospective, 24 April 2006:
Dubai - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has called for people who ridiculed the Prophet Mohammad to be killed, weighing into the furore that erupted after a Danish newspaper ran cartoons lampooning Islam's holy messenger.
"Heretics and atheists, who denigrate religion and transgress against God and His Prophet, will not stop their enmity towards Islam except by being killed," the Saudi-born militant said.
Bin Laden's remarks were part of an audio tape which Al Jazeera television aired excerpts from on Sunday 23 April 2006.
- Osama slams the West for 'war against Islam'
- Bin Laden condemns 'crusader war' on Islam
- Muslims slam cartoons published in Estonia
- Cartoon protester appears in UK court
- No case against paper that printed cartoons
- No time limit to ransom for cartoonist's head
- Thousands march during new cartoon protest